Filter by Category
Business Financial Series
with SBDC Staff
Business ownership and financial planning go hand in hand, and there’s always more to learn. Join us for a workshop series that will ease your stress and set your business up for success!
This series is hosted in partnership with the Coconino Small Business Development Center.
Tuesday, April 6th at 9:00 – 10:30am
Class 1: Bookkeeping Basics (Individual registration $16)
- The responsibilities of a business owner
- Assets and liabilities
- Revenue and expenses
- Bookkeeping tasks timeline
Tuesday, April 13th at 9:00 – 10:30am
Class 2: Understanding Financial Statements (Individual registration $16)
- Overview of assets, liabilities, income, and expenses
- Importance of the chart of accounts
- Income statement and balance sheet
- Other financial statements
Tuesday, April 20th at 9:00 – 10:30am
Class 3: Cash Flow and Forecasting (Individual registration $16)
- Explanation of cash flow
- Tracking the cash flow in a business
- Explanation of forecasting
- Creating a forecast
Tuesday, April 27th at 9:00 – 10:30am
Class 4: Banking and Financial Ratios (Individual registration $16)
- The importance of good banking practices
- Explanation of financial ratios
- How to compute financial ratios
- Industry comparison using ratios
Graphic Design for Non-Designers
with Amy Dryden
Learn how the principles of graphic design and the foundations of advertising can be combined with free design tools to improve the quality and effectiveness of everything you create!
Day 1: Foundations - 7 hot tips to change your designs from good to great, plus a guide to using free and low-cost software to elevate your designs.
Day 2: Newsletters - Sending e-newsletters? Move beyond basic templates with custom graphics you create yourself!
Day 3: Words Matter - How to craft a great message and interpret it into graphics you can use for print, email, and social media.